Here is a translation of a Hindi song word to word from hind to to English, and see for yourself how much fun it is. (thanks to the translation provided by some guy on YouTube)
The song is humko hami se chura lo, from Mohabatein. :)
There are three main stanza in this song.
The song is humko hami se chura lo, from Mohabatein. :)
There are three main stanza in this song.
- हमको हमी से चुरा लो, दिल में कहीं तुम छुपा लो!
पास आओ गले से लगा लो!!!
- Steal me from myself and hide me somewhere in your heart, for I alone, might get lost, might get separated from you, come close and hug me. (sic)
- ये दिल धड़का दो, जुल्फें बिखरा दो...
हम जुल्फें तो बिखरा दें, दिन में रात ना हो जाए!
हम आँचल तो लहरा दें, पर बरसात ना हो जाए!!!
होने दो बरसातें, करनी हैं कुछ बातें,
पास आओ गले से लगा लो!!!
- This heart is beating, let your hair loose, be shy and let your "anchal" fall (Saari loose part that goes on the shoulder)
Let it rain, we have some important talks to talk.
Come close and hug me. (sic)
- तुम पे मरते हैं, हम मर जायेंगे!
ये सब कहते हैं, हम डर जायेंगे!!!
चुटकी भर सिंदूर से तुम अब से मांग ज़रा भर दो!
कल क्या हो किसने देखा, सब कुछ आज अभी कर दो!!
हो ना हो, सब राज़ी, दिल राज़ी, रब राज़ी!
पास आओ गले से लगा लो!!
- I am in love with you, I will die for you, everyone says that, but I will actually do that
Take sindoor and put it on my maang (middle part of the forehead) for who knows what will happen tomorrow let's just do everything today right now
May or may not be everyone ready, hearts is ready and god is ready.
Come close and hug me.
P.S. : I liked the repetitive use of Come close and hug me part. ROFL. Also I tried to do the best formatting, but blogger editor isn't that good.
2 comments:
Nice..sometimes the depth of Hindi language is captured far better in English..which is pretty weird : 0
Hahahaha....!! Your original ones are way way better... :D
Post a Comment