Friday, 12 November 2010

this day comes and goes...

For the past 26 years, this day has been coming and going...just like any other day.
Atleast for me!!!
People have pretty strong feelings with this day of their lives, but for me its just another day. And I try to make sure that, I also be a part of their happiness.
For me its just usual, Ofcourse my cell buzzes 2 more times. I dont mind that, if someone is happy for me, I ll not spoil it.

This doesnt mean...I despise this day or I hate people who celebrate theirs, but truly speaking I find no reason to celebrate.
For what should I celebrate, what good have I added to this world. Like one of the 6 billion people in this world, I was also born.
So what??? many in this world dont even know when they were born, and many are too busy to earn their livelihood to stop and celebrate, thankfully that's not the case here.
Maybe a day will come when I feel I did something good for this world, that day I ll be happy that I exist.
I will celebrate it someday, this is the resolution I take each year. May be mine next will call for the occasion, but till then, lets just say that like every year, I ll acknowledge my birthday.
So Mr Agarwal...wish you a birthday. Happy or not, lets wait for the coming years to tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Abey item...wish u a happy birthday!
Tu khush ho ya na ho apne b'day se...hum to seekh kabab ke b'day se bahut khush hain :)

agar hyd mein hoti to party bhi leti :P

Srikant Rajan said...

Yes ..so true...i hardly see any reason to celebrate the activity of expulsion from a birth canal !!!